Eating out is fun but eating out in a healthy way – can be a challenge. There are however ways to help yourself make healthy choices when eating out.
- First – take an advance look at restaurant menus to choose a place with lower calorie options. A sandwich place might have healthier offering than a burger place.
- When you are going to eat out – eat less calories during other meals that day.
- Stay away from fried foods or sauces.
- You can ask for lower calorie options as sides – like a salad instead of fries.
- You can also ask for a smaller portion of something. You can eat less – but splitting a dish with someone else or by putting half you meal in a take home container.
This message for Healthy Living is brought to you by the Warm Springs Diabetes Program.