Qualifications to Register to Vote
To register to vote in Oregon, you must be:
- A U.S. citizen
- A resident of Oregon
- At least 16 years old
- If you are not yet 18 years of age, you will not receive a ballot until an election occurs on or after your 18th birthday.
What You Will Need
To register to vote online you will need an Oregon driver’s license, permit or ID card number issued by the Oregon Driver and Motor Vehicle Services Division (DMV).
If you do not have an Oregon driver’s license, permit or ID card, you can still use the online voter registration application. The information you enter will display on a voter registration card (PDF document) that you will need to print, sign and deliver to your county elections office to complete your registration.
A new registrant must submit their online registration by 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the 21st calendar day before an election to be eligible to vote in that election.
Alternative to Registering Online
Instead of registering to vote online you can complete a Voter Registration form and return it to your county elections office.
Already Registered to Vote?
If you are already registered or think you might be registered to vote, use My Vote to:
- check if you are registered to vote
- view your voter registration information
- update your voter registration
- check the status of your ballot
- find contact information for your county elections office
- find contact information for your elected officials
- find a ballot drop site
Register to vote online or check your registration information at: