Here are some tips to have a healthy holiday
- Limit the amount of “trigger foods” in your environment. If you know certain foods tend to trigger a binge, experts recommend restricting the amount you have in your home.
- Stress eating can happen this time of year also so look for other ways to relieve your stress.
- It’s not that you don’t have treats in your house at all. It’s limiting the access. Not having it a month before Halloween and through the New Year.
- Keep treats out of sight. Hopefully this will keep them out of mind.
- Have regular, balanced meals. Getting too hungry will increase the risk of bingeing. Make sure you eat at regular times and that your meals are nutritious. If you snack, try to choose an option that is both filling and satisfying.
This monthly health tip is brought to you by the Warm Springs Diabetes Program.